Our Covid-19 Salon Guidelines
Here at Blades, we have ensured that we have closely followed government guidelines for our industry and carried out a full risk assessment and where necessary added additional precautions to ensure that your visit to the salon is as safe as possible. Our entire team have undergone extensive training in our new policies and procedures including sanitisation and disinfection protocols.
Here we detail some changes that you can expect and ask that you adhere to our guidelines when visiting the salon
- We ask that if you feel unwell, or have been in contact with anyone who is unwell, that you contact the salon to re-schedule your appointment.
- Visits to the salon are strictly by appointment only
- We ask that you attend your appointment alone.
- In the case of children, we will have made your childs appointment at a time to ensure that social distancing can be maintained whilst they are accompanied by one adult. Parents/carers are responsible for ensuring that children observe social distancing guidelines.
- We kindly request that you arrive at your appointment time, as in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines our waiting area has been significantly reduced.
- You may be asked to wait outside until your stylist is ready to commence your service
- Please observe social distancing when entering the salon and give way to any person leaving.
- We ask that where possible you minimise bringing personal possessions with you as we will not be able to store them for you during your appointment. Our cloakroom area has been significantly reduced also so we ask that if you are able to leave your coat/belongings at home or in the car that you please do so.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be found at the entrance to the salon. Please ensure you sanitise your hands upon arrival. There will also be hand sanitiser dispensers at all styling units and throughout the salon
- Your stylist will greet you and take you to your styling chair which will have undergone a full sanitisation service prior to your arrival. Each styling station will be completely sanitised between each client including all tools.
- Staff will thoroughly wash and sanitise their hands between each client
- All staff will be wearing ppe including a protective visor
- Whilst the wearing of masks for clients is not mandatory, we ask that you wear a mask or face covering for your backwash service and you may wear for the duration of your appointment if you wish
- All of our salon laundry has always been freshly laundered for each client. Towels have been replaced with one-use disposable towels
- Sneeze/cough protective screens have been installed throughout the salon
- A thorough and comprehensive sanitisation routine of all areas of the salon will be performed constantly throughout the day
- We will be unable to serve refreshments, however water will be available in disposable cups.
- We have removed magazines to avoid cross contamination, however you are welcome to bring your own reading material. We do however ask that you take these home with you.
- Payment will be taken and further appointments arranged from the comfort of your styling chair. We ask that where possible contactless and card payments are preferred.
If you wish to discuss any of our guidelines, please do not hesitate to contact the salon and we will be happy to assist you.